- 621111 - Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)
- 621112 - Offices of Physicians, Mental Health Specialists
- 621340 - Offices of Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists, and Audiologists
- 621399 - Offices of All Other Miscellaneous Health Practitioners
- 621999 - All other miscellaneous ambulatory health care services
When it comes to your professional staffing needs 8-koi is ready and able to support you and your project with high quality personnel and a variety of comprehensive resources to ensure your project's excellence. Our simplified staffing solutions make CONUS and OCONUS operations easier on program managers to include the following infrastructure:
- Professional and Technical Staff Recruiting
- Staff Management and Benefits
- Continuing Education
USAMRMC – Medical Training Support Services 8-koi provides medical training and support services to the U.S. Army at Fort Detrick, MD. They provide all personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, transportation, tools, materials, supervision, and all other items necessary to perform the required medical training. Since contract start in Sept 2014, 8-koi has completed train-the trainer (T3) certification for over 20 trainers and has trained over 875 personnel including Commanding Generals and White House personnel. Our experts deliver a range of high-impact courses to include Combat Life Saver (CLS), Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Providers (HCPs), Tactical Combat Casualty Care, Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (BLS and ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Tactical Combat Casulty Care (TCCC), and Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS). Total Value: $606,240.00
Medical Records Management and Coding
8-koi currently supports the US Navy and Air Force by providing ICD-10 coding at multiple Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs). Our personnel play a significant role in departmental and clinic-wide coding compliance activities and are responsible for assignment of accurate E&M, ICD-9/ICD 10, CPT and HCPCS codes and modifiers from medical record documentation.
- Works with CHCS, AHLTA, and Coding Compliance Editor (CCE) government unique database; specifically ensuring accuracy within the Ambulatory Data Module.
- Completes focused audits with Central Auditors and Coding Supervisor, and ensure corrective actions and provide training based on audit results
- Ensures all required component parts of the medical record that pertain to coding are present, accurate and comply with DoD, Air Force and AAAHC requirements
Patrick AFB Medical Administrative Service 8-koi provides medical administrative services at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) of the 45th Medical Group, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida by providing outpatient administrative support in a health care setting to Government beneficiaries. These medical services include providing properly certified and credentialed Medical Records Technicians, a Medical Coder, a Medical Coding Auditor, and a Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO). The performance is in accordance with the requirements of the National Patient Safety Goals, and the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA). 8-Koi also provides necessary equipment, supplies, facilities, transportation, tools, materials as required to support the contract. Total Value: $343,092.78
Patient Safety and Risk Management
8-koi currently supports the US Navy and Air Force by providing Registered Nurses to interact with medical professionals and patients with all degrees of medical conditions to collaborate and assess patient safety/risk concerns and implement solutions.
- Plan, develop and implement the Command’s patient safety program to include Patient Safety Week activities, periodic risk assessments and appraisals and regular rounding to assess regulatory compliance
- Review and monitor implementation of patient safety/risk management policies to include National Patient Goals, DOD patient Safety Culture Surveys, sentinel events and FEMA corrective actions
- Collect, collate displays and performs patient safety trend analysis and other computations
- Employ patient safety methodology including RCA, cause and effect analysis, FEMA and tracer methodology to implement performance improvement initiatives across varied medical disciplines
- Independently complete root cause analysis – RCA investigations, corrective action, and report of findings
- Review and analyze trend reports for demonstration of adherence and compliance with regulatory standards to include Joint Commission, Medical Inspector General, BUMED, DOD, etc.
- Use data and epidemiological tools to assist staff in the analysis of data from adverse/sentinel events, close calls/near misses, etc.
- Participate in survey readiness assessments and preparations including plan recommendations to the Commission
Naval Medical Logistic Patient Safety Specialist 8-koi provides Patient Safety Services for selected Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) and their Branch Health Clinics (BHCs) (hereafter referred to as “the MTF”) both within and outside of the contiguous United States (CONUS and OCONUS). CONUS sites include Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA; Naval Health Clinic, Corpus Christi, TX; Naval Hospital Pensacola, FL; Naval Hospital Lemoore, CA; Naval Health Clinic Annapolis, MD; Naval Health Clinic, Quantico, VA; Naval Health Clinic New England, Newport, Rhode Island; Naval Hospital Twenty-Nine Palms, CA; Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, NC; and Captain James A. Lovell, Federal Health Care Center, North Chicago, IL. OCONUS sites include US Naval Hospital Guam, and US Naval Hospital Naples, Italy. Total Value: $1,352,910.28