8-koi’s Gr8est Hits
- Winning the first government contract in 2014 for the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command at Fort Detrick. Joe Ogershok joined as Senior Medical Trainer and celebrated his 5-year work anniversary with 8-koi.
- Landing first million-dollar project in 2015 with NAVWAR (formerly SPAWAR). The CPFF IDIQ for up to $4M put 8-koi in the class of organizations that were DCAA-audited which is a big deal for government contracting.
- The first 8-koi construction contract was won in 2016 for modernizing exam rooms at the Naval Hospital in Jacksonville. Not stopping there, Inga went all-in with a new 8-koi work truck and trailer to travel to job sites in 2018.
- Celebrating 8-koi’s 10th Anniversary at the Brevard Zoo in August 2018. About thirty people and a couple of giraffes joined Inga at the party in the Nyami Nyami River Lodge to revel in the hard-earned success of the past ten years.
- Being named as one of fifty “Florida Companies to Watch in 2018” by GrowFL. Inga and the team from Headquarters walked the red carpet in Tampa to celebrate 900% job growth and 369% revenue growth from 2014-2018.
- Acquiring Cape Design Engineering (CDE) in March 2019. After teaming for several years on 8(a) WOSB design-build projects, Inga’s offer to buy the firm was accepted and the 8-koi crew grew by twenty.
- In January 2020, Women in Defense Space Coast recognized 8-koi as STEM Innovator of the Year for construction work supporting NASA’s Robotic Mining Competition (RMC) arena at Kennedy Space Center. VIEW THE ARENA 360°
- Moving Headquarters to Merritt Island in 2020. Additional space was leased in Merritt Island to accommodate moving HQ Operations from Melbourne. 8-koi and CDE occupy just under 10,000 SF. The former 1,000 SF space in Melbourne continues to be utilized but is now far too small to accommodate our HQ staff. Branch offices are also located in Jacksonville, Florida and San Antonio, Texas. For the first time executive positions were filled by Dean Rosenquist, COO, Elizabeth Berry VP Healthcare, Victor Diaz, VP of Engineering, and Otto Herrera VP Construction.